10 Best Events in Japan in November 2022
List of Seasonal Events in Japan in November
November in Japan is the gateway to winter, also looked on as the end of autumn. It is getting colder day by day in most areas of the country. In the northernmost prefecture Hokkaido, it starts to snow around the early November. On the other hand, the southernmost part Okinawa still keeps a warm climate.
People enjoy viewing red autumn leaves and golden gingko leaves in urban areas including Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Japan also features various fresh autumn food in November.There are two national holidays in November: Japanese Culture Day and Labor Thanksgiving Day. In the middle of the month, Japanese celebrate Shichi-go-san (Seven-five-three) for boys aged three and five and girls aged three and seven.
For both visitors and residents all over Japan, here is the list of 10 best events in Japan in November. It includes gorgeous illuminations, food festivals featuring seasonal ingredients in autumn and traditional Japanese festivals.
Don’t miss the one and only experience in Japan!
1. Huis Ten Bosch Halloween and Christmas (Nagasaki)
Dates (Halloween): September 10 to November 4, 2022
Dates (Christmas): November 5 to December 25, 2022
2. Special Admission in Autumn of Rurikoin (Kyoto)
Genre: Autumn Leaves
Dates: October 1 to December 4, 2022
3. Ashikaga Flower Park Illumination (Tochigi)
Dates: October 15, 2022 to February 14, 2023
4. Nabana no Sato Illumination (Mie)
Dates: October 22, 2022 to May 31, 2023
5. Tokyo Ramen Festa (Setagaya, Tokyo)
Genre: Food Festival
Dates: October 27 to November 6, 2022
6. Kanazawa Castle Kenrokuen Garden Light Up (Ishikawa)
Genre: Autumn Leaves/Lighting Event
Dates: November 3 to 27, 2022
Hours: 18:30 to 20:45
7. Tori-no-ichi Celebration at Ootori Shrine (Asakusa, Tokyo)
Dates: November 4, 16 and 28, 2022
8. Saga International Balloon Fiesta (Saga)
Dates: November 1 to 7, 2022
9. Universal Studio Japan Halloween and Christmas (Osaka)
Dates (Halloween): September 8 to November 6, 2022
Dates (Christmas): November 11, 2022 to January 9, 2023
10. Izumo Taisha Kamiari Festival (Shimane)
Dates: November 3 to 10, 2022
▶︎List of Best Events in Japan in October
▽Subscribe our free newsletter!▽
For more information about traveling and living in Japan, check these articles below, too!